On 03/07/2009, at 5:03 PM, Brent Jones wrote:

Are you sure the slog is working right? Try disabling the ZIL to see
if that helps with your NFS performance.
If your performance increases a hundred fold, I'm suspecting the slog
isn't perming well, or even doing its job at all.

The slog appears to be working fine - at ~800 IOPS it wasn't lighting up the light significantly and when a second was added both activity lights were even more dim. Without the slog, the pool was only providing ~200 IOPS for the NFS metadata test.

Speaking of which, can anybody point me at a good, valid test to measure the IOPS of these SSDs?

cheers,
James