> This causes me to believe that the algorithm is not
> implemented as  described in Solaris 10.

I was all ready to write about my frustrations with this problem, but I
upgraded to snv_117 last night to fix some iscsi bugs and now it seems that the
write throttling is working as described in that blog.

If a process starts filling the ARC it is throttled and the data is written
nice and constant using just about all the disk bandwidth without freezing the
system every 5 seconds.

However, with gzip-1 compression the symptoms return, but for my system I think
it's because the gzip compression is not multi-threaded? I'm only getting 50%
utilization on a dual core system. LZJB seems to work well though.

Is anyone aware of any bug fixes since 111b that would have helped to mitigate
the freezing with the cache flushes?

-John