On Sun, 12 Jul 2009, Cyril Plisko wrote:

There is an ongoing speculations of what/when/how deduplication will
be in ZFS and I am curious: what is the reason to keep the thing
secret ? I always thought open source assumes open development
process. What exactly people behind deduplication effort trying to
prove by keeping their mouth shut ?

Something feels wrong...

The conference is less than a week away. It's hardly keeping things secret to announce at a public conference!

You should remember that the Amber Road product was announced at a conference, too - and was kept reasonably quiet until the announcement. I'm just glad I was at the conference where Amber Road was announced and will be attending KCA!

--
Andre van Eyssen.
mail: an...@purplecow.org          jabber: an...@interact.purplecow.org