On Sun, 19 Jul 2009 01:48:40 PDT
Ross <no-re...@opensolaris.org> wrote:

> As far as I can see, the ZFS Administrator Guide is sorely lacking in
> any warning that you are risking data loss if you run on consumer
> grade hardware.

And yet, ZFS is not only for NON-consumer grade hardware is it? the
fact that many, many people run "normal" consumer hardware does not
rule them out fro ZFS, does it? The "best filesystem ever", the "end of
all other filesystems" would be nothing more than a dream if that was
true. Furthermore, much so-called consumer hardware is very good these
days. My guess is ZFS should work quite reliably on that hardware.
(i.e. non ECC memory should work fine!) / mirroring is a -must- !

--
Dick Hoogendijk -- PGP/GnuPG key: 01D2433D
+ http://nagual.nl/ | nevada / OpenSolaris 2010.02 B118