Thomas Burgess wrote:

On Sun, Jul 19, 2009 at 10:29 AM, Brian Wilson <bfwil...@doit.wisc.edu <mailto:bfwil...@doit.wisc.edu>> wrote:

    It's clear from some threads on this list that it IS possible to
    roll back a zpool to a previous state, and I seem to even remember
    reading someone was working on a tool or tools in that direction.
    Is that correct, is it possible to manually roll back a zpool for
    crash recovery purposes, if you've got enough
    clue/knowledge/experience on your side in regards to the right tools?

    And the follow up question - how do I learn how to do that?  Is
    there documentation somewhere that instructs one on the tools used
    for low level ZFS troubleshooting and rollback, and how to come
    back from the land of crash-then-fail-to-import?  Is it the
    troubleshooting document?  I'm happy to get a RTFM - please just
    point me at the right manual or Sun doc too :)

i'm pretty sure you're just looking for the zfs rollback command.

That rolls back a filesystem, not the state of a corrupted pool.

--
Ian.