I've started reading up on this, and I know I have alot more reading to do, but I've already got some questions... :)

I'm not sure yet that it will help for my purposes, but I was considering buying 2 SSD's for mirrored boot devices anyway.

My main question is: Can a pair of say 60GB SSD's be shared for both the root pool and as an SSD ZIL? Can the installer be configured to make the slice for the root pool to be something less than the whole disk? leaving another slice for the ZIL? Or would a zVOL in the root pool be a better idea?

I doubt 60GB will leave enough space, but would doing this for the L2ARC be useful also?

 -Kyle