On Thu, Jul 23, 2009 at 10:28:38AM -0400, Kyle McDonald wrote:

> In my case the slog slice wouldn't be the slog for the root pool, it
> would be the slog for a second data pool.

I didn't think you could add a slog to the root pool anyway.  Or has that
changed in recent builds?  I'm a little behind on my SXCE versions, been
too busy to keep up. :)

> When you have just the root pool on a disk, ZFS won't enable the write
> cache by default.

I don't think this is limited to root pools.  None of my pools (root or
non-root) seem to have the write cache enabled.  Now that I think about
it, all my disks are "hidden" behind an LSI1078 controller so I'm not
sure what sort of impact that would have on the situation.

-brian
--
"Coding in C is like sending a 3 year old to do groceries. You gotta
tell them exactly what you want or you'll end up with a cupboard full of