Hi

> Ive tried to find any hard information on how to install, and boot,
> opensolaris from a USB stick. Ive seen a few people written a few sucessfull
> stories about this, but I cant seem to get it to work.
>
> The procedure:
> Boot from LiveCD, insert USB drive, find it using `format', start installer.
> The USB stick it not found (just stands on "Finding disks"). Remove USB
> stick, hit back in installer, insert USB stick again, USB stick found, start
> installing.
>
> At 19%, it just stands there. Have no idea why.
>
> Suggestions?

In my experience the system is actually installing just veeeery slowly.
have a look at the ZFS evil tuning guide and disable the ZIL while
installing. Really speeds up things. Don't know why it's so slow on a
USB memory stick but good enough as work around and not really a risk as
it's a fresh install anyway

Thomas