For Solaris 10 5/09...

There are supposed to be performance improvements if you create a zpool on a full disk, such as one with an EFI label. Does the same apply if the full disk is used with an SMI label, which is required to boot?

I am trying to determine the trade-off, if any, of having a single rpool on cXtYd0s2, if I can even do that, and improved performance compared to having two pools, a root pool and a separate data pool, for improved manageability and isolation. The data pool will have zone root paths on it. Customer has stated they are experiencing some performance limits in their application due to the disk, and if creating a single pool will help by enabling the write cache, that may be of value.

If the *current* answer is no to having ZFS turn on the write cache at this time, is it something that is coming in OpenSolaris or an update to S10?

Thanks
Steffen