Stephen Green wrote:
Oh, and for those following along at home, the re-silvering of the slog to a file is proceeding well. 72% done in 25 minutes.

And, for the purposes of the archives, the re-silver finished in 34 minutes and I successfully removed the RAM disk. Thanks, Erik for the eminently followable instructions.

Also, I got my wife to agree to a new SSD, so I presume that I can simply do the re-silver with the new drive when it arrives.

Can I replace a log with a larger one? Can I partition the SSD (looks like I'll be getting a 32GB one) and use half for cache and half for log? Even if I can, should I?

Steve