On Aug 11, 2009, at 17:07, Marcelo Leal wrote:

My question is about SSD, and the differences between use SLC for readzillas instead of MLC.

Sun uses MLCs for Readzillas for their 7000 series. I would think that if SLCs (which are generally more expensive) were really needed, they would be used.

Perhaps someone on the Fishworks team could give more details, but by going what I've read and seen, MLCs should be sufficient for the L2ARC. Save your money.

Of course, SLCs will work just fine, it's just that there's no real advantage.