Paul Kraus wrote:
There are about 3.3 million files / directories in the 'dataset',
files range in size from 1 KB to 100 KB.

pkr...@nyc-sted1:/IDR-test/ppk> time sudo zfs send
IDR-test/data...@1250616026 >/dev/null

real    91m19.024s
user    0m0.022s
sys     11m51.422s
pkr...@nyc-sted1:/IDR-test/ppk>

Which translates to a little over 18 MB/sec. and 600 files/sec. That
would mean almost 16 hours per TB. Better, but not much better than
NBU.

I do not think the SE-3511 is limiting us, as I have seen much higher
throughput on them when resilvering one or more mirrors.

Any thoughts as to why I am not getting better throughput ?
With Solaris 10U7 I see about 35MB/sec between Thumpers using a direct socket connection rather than ssh for full sends and 7-12MB/sec for incrementals, depending on the data set.

--
Ian.