Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> On my new server I've inserted new 6 disks, run devfsadm and labelled
> them.  I want to get the same set up as the previous, but can't for
> the life of me work out what I did.  I can't find my notes, and the
> documentation is just confusing me.

Stephen,
I presume you've already installed your new server with the same rpool
configuration as your original, so you're asking how to recreate your two other
pools.

Also assuming your new devices have the same names as the old, you can basically
just pluck the 'zpool create' arguments from your zpool status output on the
other machine:

# zpool create oradata mirror c1t2d0 c1t3d0 mirror c1t4d0 c1t5d0
# zpool create redo mirror c1t6d0 c1t7d0

The labelling step was probably unnecessary in this case, since the pools are
not boot pools.  ZFS will automatically label the disks with EFI labels when you
give a whole disk (no 's#') as an argument.

Hope this helps,
Eric

--
Eric Sproul