Stephen Nelson-Smith wrote:
> Hi,
>
>> I presume you've already installed your new server with the same rpool
>> configuration as your original, so you're asking how to recreate your two
>> other
>> pools.
>
> Correct - and also the mountpoints, which seem particulary confusing:
>
> -bash-3.00# grep u0 /etc/mnttab
> rpool/u01       /u01    zfs
> rw,devices,setuid,nonbmand,exec,xattr,atime,dev=4010008 1244978155
> oradata/u02     /u02    zfs
> rw,devices,setuid,nonbmand,exec,xattr,atime,dev=4010009 1244978156
> oradata/u03     /u03    zfs
> rw,devices,setuid,nonbmand,exec,xattr,atime,dev=401000a 1244978156
> redo/u04        /u04    zfs
> rw,devices,setuid,nonbmand,exec,xattr,atime,dev=401000b 1244978156
> localhost:smb://192.168.168.253/ics     /u05/oradata    nfs
> dev=5480003     1244981284

You can either set the mountpoint property when you create the dataset or do it
in a second operation after the create.

Either:
# zfs create -o mountpoint=/u01 rpool/u01

or:
# zfs create rpool/u01
# zfs set mountpoint=/u01 rpool/u01

I'm not sure about the remote mount.  It appears to be a local SMB resource
mounted as NFS?  I've never seen that before.

>> Also assuming your new devices have the same names as the old, you can
>> basically
>> just pluck the 'zpool create' arguments from your zpool status output on the
>> other machine:
>>
>> # zpool create oradata mirror c1t2d0 c1t3d0 mirror c1t4d0 c1t5d0
>> # zpool create redo mirror c1t6d0 c1t7d0
>
> Can you actually see the literal commands?  A bit like MySQL's 'show
> create table'?  Or are you just intrepreting the output?

Just interpreting the output.  The first one creates the 'oradata' pool with two
mirrors of two drives each.  Data will be dynamically balanced across both
mirrors, effectively the same as RAID1+0.  The second one creates a simple
mirror of two disks (RAID1).

Regards,
Eric

--