I'm putting together a 48 bay NAS for my company [24 drives to start]. My
manager has already ordered 24 2TB [b]WD Caviar Green[/b] consumer drives -
should we send these back and order the 2TB [b]WD RE4-GP[/b] enterprise drives
instead?

I'm tempted to try these out. First off, they're about $100 less per drive.
Second, my experience with so called "consumer" drives in a raid controller has
been pretty good - only 2 drive failures in five years with an Apple X-Raid.

Thoughts? Opinions? Flames? All input is appreciated. Thanks.