Hi James,

After investigating this problem a bit I'd suggest avoiding deploying RAID-Z
until this issue is resolved. I anticipate having it fixed in build 124.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Adam

On Aug 28, 2009, at 8:20 PM, James Lever wrote:

On 28/08/2009, at 3:23 AM, Adam Leventhal wrote:

There appears to be a bug in the RAID-Z code that can generate spurious checksum errors. I'm looking into it now and hope to have it fixed in build 123 or 124. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Are the errors being generated likely to cause any significant problem running 121 with a RAID-Z volume or should users of RAID-Z* wait until this issue is resolved?

cheers,
James

--
Adam Leventhal, Fishworks                        http://blogs.sun.com/ahl