On 9/18/2009 1:51 PM, Steffen Weiberle wrote:
# of systems

6 not including dozens of zfs root.

amount of storage

(a) 2 of them have 96TB raw,
    46 WD SATA 2TB disks in two raidz2 pools + 2 hot spares
    each raidz2 pool is on it's own shelf on it's own PCIx controller

(b) 2 of them have 268GB raw
    26 HP 300GB SCA disks with mirroring + 2 hot spares
    + soon to be 3 way mirrored
    each shelf of 14 disks is connected to it's own u320 pcix card

(c) 2 of them have 14TB raw
    14 Dell SATA 1TB disks in two raidz2 pools + 1 hot spare

application profile(s)

(a) and (c) are file servers via nfs
(b) are postgres database servers

type of workload (low, high; random, sequential; read-only, read-write, write-only)

(a) are 70/30 read/write @ average of 40MB/s
    30 clients
(b) are 50/50 read/write @ average of 180MB/s
    local read/write only
(c) are 70/30 read/write @ average of 28MB/s
    10 clients

storage type(s)

(a) and (c) are sata
(b) are u320 scsi

industry

call analytics

whether it is private or I can share in a summary

not private.

anything else that might be of interest

35. “Because” makes any explanation rational. In a line to Kinko’s copy machine a researcher asked to jump the line by presenting a reason “Can I jump the line, because I am in a rush?” 94% of people complied. Good reason, right? Okay, let’s change the reason. “Can I jump the line because I need to make copies?” Excuse me? That’s why everybody is in the line to begin with. Yet 93% of people complied. A request without “because” in it (”Can I jump the line, please?”) generated 24% compliance.

--

Jeremy Kister
http://jeremy.kister.net./