> The only thing that jumps out at me is the ARC size -
> 53.4GB, or
> most of your 64GB of RAM. This in-and-of-itself is
> not necessarily
> a bad thing - if there are no other memory consumers,
> let ZFS cache
> data in the ARC. But if something is coming along to
> flush dirty
> ARC pages periodically....

The workload is a set of 50 python processes, each receiving a stream of data
via TCP/IP.  The processes run until they notice something interesting in the
stream (sorry I can't be more specific), then they connect to a server via
TCP/IP and issue a command or two.  Log files are written that takes up about
50M per day per process.  It's relatively low-traffic.

> I found what looked to be an applicable bug;
> CR 6699438 zfs induces crosscall storm under heavy
> mapped sequential
> read workload
> but the stack signature for the above bug is
> different than yours, and
> it doesn't sound like your workload is doing mmap'd
> sequential reads.
> That said, I would be curious to know if your
> workload used mmap(),
> versus read/write?

I asked and they couldn't say.  It's python so I think it's unlikely.

> For the ZFS folks just seeing this, here's the stack
> frame;
>
>               unix`xc_do_call+0x8f
> unix`xc_wait_sync+0x36
>               unix`x86pte_invalidate_pfn+0x135
> unix`hat_pte_unmap+0xa9
>               unix`hat_unload_callback+0x109
> unix`hat_unload+0x2a
>               unix`segkmem_free_vn+0x82
> unix`segkmem_zio_free+0x10
>               genunix`vmem_xfree+0xee
> genunix`vmem_free+0x28
>               genunix`kmem_slab_destroy+0x80
> genunix`kmem_slab_free+0x1be
>               genunix`kmem_magazine_destroy+0x54
> genunix`kmem_depot_ws_reap+0x4d
>               genunix`taskq_thread+0xbc
> unix`thread_start+0x8
>
> Let's see what the fsstat and zpool iostat data looks
> like when this
> starts happening..

Both are unremarkable, I'm afraid.  Here's the fsstat from when it starts
happening:

new name name attr attr lookup rddir read read write write
file remov chng get set ops ops ops bytes ops bytes
0 0 0 75 0 0 0 0 0 10 1.25M zfs
0 0 0 83 0 0 0 0 0 7 896K zfs
0 0 0 78 0 0 0 0 0 13 1.62M zfs
0 0 0 229 0 0 0 0 0 29 3.62M zfs