You don't like http://www.supermicro.com/products/nfo/chassis_storage.cfm
?
I must admit I don't have a price list of these.

I am using an SC846xxx for a project here at work.
The hardware consists of an ASUS server-level motherboard with 2 quad-core
Xeons, 8GB of RAM, an LSI PCI-e SAS/SATA card, and 24 1.5TB HD, all in one
of these cases.
The drives are in one pool with 3x 7+1 raid-z sets. Raw is 32TB, usable is
about 24TB. Total price was about $6000. (It'd be about $800 less now that
1.5TB drives have dropped in price.)

I built it for disk to disk backups. Right now, I'm using backuppc for
backing up the OS'es of our DB servers and such, and rsync and snapshots
for the databases themselves.
I get about 50MB/sec read and write speeds, but I think that's because the
version of the SC846 I got has a single backplane for the SAS/SATA drives,
and one connector to the LSI card. Of course, for what I'm doing, that's
fine.

Paul

Oh, I think the SC846 I got was about $1100.
http://www.cdw.com/shop/search/results.aspx?key=sc846&searchscope=All&sr=1&Find+it.x=0&Find+it.y=0

One thing I forgot to mention: there is a wart with this case. The connectors for the low-profile CDROM drive are too short, and the power connector for the internal drive hits the lid of the case. I actually had to find a low-profile molex power connector for the hard drive, and I can only use the CDROM drive if I open the case up and loosen the internal hard drive so I can plug the CDROM in. Otherwise, though, the case is very well built.

Paul