Victor Latushkin wrote:
Carson Gaspar wrote:
zpool online media c7t0d0
j...@opensolaris:~# zpool online media c7t0d0
cannot open 'media': no such pool

Already tried that ;-)

D'oh! Of course, I should have been paying attention
to the fact that the
pool wasn't imported.
My guess is that if you move /etc/zfs/zfs.cache out
of the way, then
reboot, ZFS will have to figure out what disks are
out there again, find
your disk, and realize it is online.

Sadly, no. Booting off the OpenSolaris LiveCD (which has no cache) doesn't help. The "offline" nature of the disk must be in the ZFS data on the disks somewhere...

is zdb happy with your pool?

Try e.g.

zdb -eud <poolname>

I'm booted back into snv118 (booting with the damaged pool disks disconnected so the host would come up without throwing up). After hot plugging the disks, I get:

bash-3.2# /usr/sbin/zdb -eud media
zdb: can't open media: File exists

"zpool status media" is hanging, and top shows that I'm spending ~50% of CPU time in the kernel - I'll see what it says when it finally returns. Let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you help me, including giving you a login in the server.

--
Carson