On 14 October, 2009 - Brian sent me these 4,3K bytes:

> I am have a strange problem with liveupgrade of ZFS boot environment.
> I found a similar discussion on the zones-discuss, but, this happens
> for me on installs with and without zones, so I do not think it is
> related to zones.  I have been able to reproduce this on both sparc
> (ldom) and x86 (phsyical).   I was originally trying to luupdate to
> u8, but, this is easily reproducible with 3 simple steps: lucreate,
> luactivate, reboot.
> [b]lucreate -n sol10alt[/b]
> Noticed the following warning during lucreate: WARNING: split
> filesystem </> file system type <zfs> cannot inherit mount point
> options <-> from parent filesystem </> file type <-> because the two
> file systems have different types.

Got the same warning and the same end result, was planning on filing it
with Sun yesterday but haven't have time to do that yet. I got it on
sparc (physical) too. I didn't install LU from the u8 iso, but it was
patched with latest LU patches through PCA.

> [b]luactivate sol10alt[/b]

If you lumount, comment out those rpool/ROOT/.... thingies, then luumont
here, it'll work too.

> [b]/usr/sbin/shutdown -g0 -i6 -y[/b]

/Tomas
--
Tomas Ögren, st...@acc.umu.se, http://www.acc.umu.se/~stric/
|- Student at Computing Science, University of Umeå