On Thu, 15 Oct 2009, Enda O'Connor wrote:

> This is 6884728 which is a regression from 6837400.
> the workaround is as you done, remove the lines from vfstab

Oh, ok, this is the problem described in CR 6884728? Disregard my earlier
inquiry for more details on that CR then.

I ran into exactly the same problem :(. There are no additional issues
other than simply removing the lines from vfstab? I have an open service
request but they haven't responded yet.

I actually did that, and booted into the U8 boot environment, and then
decided to revert to my previous U6 in case there were any other issues;
unfortunately, now the system won't boot at all :(, a panic message flashes
shortly on the screen but I don't have enough time to see what it is. And
the stinking java remote console for the x4500 seems to be broken and is
not passing keystrokes through. I haven't had the time yet to physically
visit the data center and plug a physical keyboard in to try to boot into
failsafe to resolve it.

--
Paul B. Henson  |  (909) 979-6361  |  http://www.csupomona.edu/~henson/
Operating Systems and Network Analyst  |  hen...@csupomona.edu