Frank

I've been looking into:-  http://www.nexenta.com/corp/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogsection&id=4&Itemid=128

Only played with a VM so far on my laptop, but it does seem to be an alternative to the Sun product if you don't want to buy a S7000.

IMHO: Sun are missing a great opportunity not offering a reasonable upgrade path from an X**** to an S7000.

Trevor Pretty | Technical Account Manager | T: +64 9 639 0652 | M: +64 21 666 161
Eagle Technology Group Ltd.
Gate D, Alexandra Park, Greenlane West, Epsom
Private Bag 93211, Parnell, Auckland

Frank Cusack wrote:
Apologies if this has been covered before, I couldn't find anything
in my searching.

Can the software which runs on the 7000 series servers be installed
on an x4275?

-frank

www.eagle.co.nz

This email is confidential and may be legally privileged. If received in error please destroy and immediately notify us.