Hı Trevor;

As can be seen from my email adress and signiture below my answer will be
quite biased J

To be honest, while converting every X series server with millions of
alternative configurations to a Fishwork appliance may not be extremely
difficult, it would be impossible to support them.

So Sun have to limit the number of configurations that needs to supported to
a reasonable number.  (Even this "limited" number of Systems and options
will equal to "unseen" flexibility and number of choices )

However I agree that ability to convert a 4540 to a 7210 would have been
nice.

Best regards

Mertol

 <http://www.sun.com/> http://www.sun.com/emrkt/sigs/6g_top.gif