Ed, your comment:

>If solaris is able to install at all, I would have to acknowledge, I
>have to shutdown anytime I need to change the Perc configuration, including
>replacing failed disks.

Replacing failed disks is easy when PERC is doing the RAID. Just remove the
failed drive and replace with a good one, and the PERC will rebuild
automatically. But are you talking about OpenSolaris managed RAID? I am pretty
sure, but not tested, that in pseudo JBOD mode (each disk a raid 0 or 1), the
PERC would still present a replaced disk to the OS without reconfiguring the
PERC BIOS.

Scott