On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 7:20 AM, Jeff Bonwick <jeff.bonw...@sun.com> wrote:
>> Terrific! Can't wait to read the man pages / blogs about how to use it...
>
> Just posted one:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/bonwick/en_US/entry/zfs_dedup
>
> Enjoy, and let me know if you have any questions or suggestions for
> follow-on posts.
>
> Jeff

On systems with crypto accelerators (particularly Niagara 2) does the
hash calculation code use the crypto accelerators, so long as a
supported hash is used?  Assuming the answer is yes, have performance
comparisons been done between weaker hash algorithms implemented in
software and sha256 implemented in hardware?

I've been waiting very patiently to see this code go in.  Thank you
for all your hard work (and the work of those that helped too!).

--
Mike Gerdts
http://mgerdts.blogspot.com/