Hi all,

Just forwarding Niall's heads-up message about the impending removal of
the existing zfs-auto-snapshot implementation in nv_128

I've not been involved in the rewrite, but what I've read about the new
code, it'll be a lot more efficient than the old ksh-based code, and
will fix many of the problems with the old solution.

The new code currently lacks support for the 'zfs/backup' functionality
- which allowed you to specify a command to tell the service to generate
incremental or full send streams at each time interval, along with a
commandline to process that stream (sshing to a remote server and doing
a zfs recv, for example)

If you do use that functionality, it'd be good to drop a mail to the
thread[1] on the zfs-auto-snapshot alias.

It's been a wild ride, but my work on zfs-auto-snapshot is done I
think :-)

        cheers,
                        tim

[1]