Well, yes, to enable MPxIO. Which then requires a reboot.

What about hot-swapping out a disk that was in a ZFS pool? Without rebooting?

This was the answer I got early in November. Short version: It's fixed in SNV
126, but not in 10u8 -- which is what I cautioned against.

http://mail.opensolaris.org/pipermail/zfs-discuss/2009-November/033496.html

-K

Karl Katzke
Systems Analyst II