On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 02:38  PM, Thomas Burgess <wonsl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I finally got iscsi working, and it's amazing...it took a minute for me to
> figure out...i didn't realize it required 2 tools....but anyyyywyays.
>
> my original zvol is too small....i created a 120 gb zvol for time machine
> but i really need more like 250 gb  so this is a 2 part questions.
>
> First, can i make the zvol/iscsi drive bigger...and also, let's assuming i
> can't (and just for my general knowledge) how can i delete the comstar iscsi
> volume?  I noticed zfs destroy won't work if it's shared iscsi even if i try
> to force it (i was hoping it would just destroy it and i could make a new
> one)

Yes you can. Size of the vol is a ZFS property.

-bash-3.2# zfs get  all datapool/stores/axigen/lun2
NAME                         PROPERTY              VALUE                  SOURCE
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  type                  volume                 -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  creation              Sun Sep 27 21:40 2009  -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  used                  250G                   -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  available             516G                   -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  referenced            87.1G                  -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  compressratio         1.00x                  -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  reservation           none
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  volsize               250G                   -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  volblocksize          4K                     -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  checksum              on
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  compression           off
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  readonly              off
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  shareiscsi            off
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  copies                1
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  refreservation        250G                   local
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  primarycache          all
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  secondarycache        all
default
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  usedbysnapshots       0                      -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  usedbydataset         87.1G                  -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  usedbychildren        0                      -
datapool/stores/axigen/lun2  usedbyrefreservation  163G                   -

Set the volsize property to what you want then, then modify the
logical unit e.g.

Usage:  stmfadm modify-lu [OPTIONS] <LU-name>
                -p, --lu-prop  <logical-unit-property=value>
                -s, --size  <size K/M/G/T/P>
                -f, --file

Valid properties for -p, --lu-prop are:
     alias    - alias for logical unit (up to 255 chars)
     mgmt-url - Management URL address
     wcd      - write cache disabled (true, false)
     wp       - write protect (true, false)

You will probably want to offline your target before making these changes.

Now of course, this doesn't mean the space is immediately usable on the target
host. If it's Windows you can use diskpart extend. If it's Linux, then you may
need another method depending upon the file system.

-Errol