We're having to split data to multiple pools if we enable dedup, 1+ TB pools
each (one 6x750gb is particularly bad).

The timeouts cause COMSTAR / iSCSI to fail, Windows clients are dropping the
persistent targets due to timeouts (> 15 seconds it seems). This is causing
bigger problems.

Disabling dedup is an option, but it shouldn't be *THAT* much load I wouldn't
think. Having it on a cache drive is reasonable, however if this is required
OpenSolaris should add something like DDTCacheDevice so we can dedicate a
device to it seperate from the secondcache.

I'll drop in a 150gb cache drive tonight to see if it improves things.

Steve Radich
www.BitShop.com