On Feb 3, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Henu <henrik.he...@tut.fi> wrote:

Okay, so first of all, it's true that send is always fast and 100% reliable because it uses blocks to see differences. Good, and thanks for this information. If everything else fails, I can parse the information I want from send stream :)

But am I right, that there is no other methods to get the list of changed files other than the send command?

And in my situation I do not need to create snapshots. They are already created. The only thing that I need to do, is to get list of all the changed files (and maybe the location of difference in them, but I can do this manually if needed) between two already created snapshots.

Not a ZFS method, but you could use rsync with the dry run option to list all changed files between two file systems.

-Ross