Good catch Eric, I didn't see this problem at first...

The problem here and Richard described it well is that the ctdp* devices
represent the larger fdisk partition, which might also contain a ctds*
device.

This means that in this configuration, c7t0d0p3 and c7t0d0s0, might
share the same blocks.

My advice would be to copy the data from both the hdd pool and rpool
and recreate these pools. My fear is that if you destroy the hdd pool,
you will clobber your rpool data. Recreate both pools by using the two
entire disks and get another disk for the cache device would be less
headaches all around.

ZFS warns when you attempt to create this config and we also have a
current CR to prevent creating pools on p* devices.

Thanks,

Cindy