Hi Richard,

thanks for the answer. I think I am aware on the properties of my configuration
and how it will scale. Let me please stress that this is not the point in the
discussion.
The target of this discussion should rather be if scrubbing can co-exist with
payload or if we are thrown back to scrub in the after-hours.
So, do I have to conclude that zfs is not able to make good decisions about
load prioritisation on commodity hardware and that there are no further options
available to tweak scrub load impact, or are there other options?

I am thinking about managing pools capable of hundred times the capacity of
mine (currently there are 3,7 TB on disk, and it takes 2,5 h to scrub them on
the double-parity pool) that practically would be un-scrub-able. (Yes,
Enterprise HW is faster, but Enterprise service windows are much more narrow as
well... you can't move around or offline 200 TB of live data for days only
because you need to scrub the disks can you?)

The only idea I could think of myself is to exchange individual drives in a
round-robin fashion all the time and use re-silver instead of full scrubs. But
actually I don't like the idea anymore at second glance.

Regards,

Tonmaus