Hi

On Wednesday 24 March 2010 17:01:31 Dusan Radovanovic wrote:

>  connected to P212 controller in RAID-5. Could someone direct me or suggest
>  what I am doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I don't know, but I would get around this like this:

My suggestion would be to configure the HW RAID controller to act as a "dumb"
JBOD controller and thus make the 12 disks visible to the OS.

Then you can start playing around with ZFS on these disks, e.g. creating
different pools:

zpool create testpool raidz c0t0d0 c0t1d0 c0t2d0 c0t3d0 c0t4d0 c0t5d0 \
                      raidz c0t6d0 c0t7d0 c0t8d0 c0t9d0 c0t10d0 c0t11d0

(Caveat: this is from the top of my head and might be - very -wrong). This
would create something like "RAID50".

Then I would start reading, reading and testing and testing :)

HTH

Carsten