Hi,

Actually the idea of having the ZFS code inside a HW raid controllers
does seems quite interesting. Imagine the possibility of having any OS
with raid volumes backed by all the good aspects of the ZFS, specially
the checksum and the raidz vs the "raid5-write-hole" thing...
I also consider the fact that if the implementation on the HW supports
import/export , for migration tasks it would be great !
However since my knowledge is very very very limited in this area, i
wonder if technically it's achievable or if the challenges are far more
bigger than the benefits...

This would be quite interesting as a marketing tool because anyone could
have the power of ZFS on their storage with or without having to deploy
a solaris/opensolaris..even windows systems would benefit from this ;)

ZFS for the masses, by the masses ;)

Bruno