I have a quick ZFS question.  With most hardware raid controllers all the data
and the info is stored on the disk. Therefore, the integrity of the data can
survive a controller failure or the deletion of the LUN  as long as it is
recreated with the same drives in the same location.  Does this kind of
functionality exists within ZFS?

For example, lets say I have a JOB full of disks connected to an server running
OSOL and all the drives are formated as one big  raidz volume. Now lets say I
experience a hardware failure and I have to bring in a new server with a new
installation of OSOL. Would I be able to put the raidz volume from the JBOD
back together so I can see the original data?

Thanks for any input.