On 01/04/2010 20:58, Jeroen Roodhart wrote:

I'm happy to see that it is now the default and I hope this will cause the
Linux NFS client implementation to be faster for conforming NFS servers.
Interesting thing is that apparently defaults on Solaris an Linux are chosen
such that one can't signal the desired behaviour to the other. At least we
didn't manage to get a Linux client to asynchronously mount a Solaris (ZFS
backed) NFS export...

Which is to be expected as it is not a nfs client which requests the behavior but rather a nfs server. Currently on Linux you can export a share with as sync (default) or async share while on Solaris you can't really currently force a NFS server to start working in an async mode.

--
Robert Milkowski
http://milek.blogspot.com