Hi,
I have installed OpenSolaris snv_134 from the iso at genunix.org.
Mon Mar 8 2010 New OpenSolaris preview, based on build 134
I created a zpool:-
        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank        ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t4d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t5d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t6d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t8d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t9d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          c5d1p1    ONLINE       0     0     0
        cache
          c5d1p2    ONLINE       0     0     0

The log device and cache are each one half of a 128GB  OCZ VERTEX-TURBO flash
card.

I am getting good NFS performance but have seen this error:-
r...@brszfs02:~# zpool status tank
  pool: tank
 state: DEGRADED
status: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors.
        Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a
        degraded state.
action: Replace the faulted device, or use 'zpool clear' to mark the device
        repaired.
 scrub: none requested
config:

        NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        tank        DEGRADED     0     0     0
          c7t4d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t5d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t6d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t8d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
          c7t9d0    ONLINE       0     0     0
        logs
          c5d1p1    FAULTED      0     4     0  too many errors
        cache
          c5d1p2    ONLINE       0     0     0

errors: No known data errors

r...@brszfs02:~# fmadm faulty
--------------- ------------------------------------  -------------- ---------
TIME            EVENT-ID                              MSG-ID         SEVERITY
--------------- ------------------------------------  -------------- ---------
Mar 25 13:14:34 6c0bd163-56bf-ee92-e393-ce2063355b52  ZFS-8000-FD    Major

Host        : brszfs02
Platform    : HP-Compaq-dc7700-Convertible-Minitower    Chassis_id  : CZC7264JN4
Product_sn  :

Fault class : fault.fs.zfs.vdev.io
Affects     : zfs://pool=tank/vdev=4ec464b5bf74a898
                  faulted but still in service
Problem in  : zfs://pool=tank/vdev=4ec464b5bf74a898
                  faulted but still in service

Description : The number of I/O errors associated with a ZFS device exceeded
                     acceptable levels.  Refer to http://sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-FD
              for more information.

Response    : The device has been offlined and marked as faulted.  An attempt
                     will be made to activate a hot spare if available.

Impact      : Fault tolerance of the pool may be compromised.

Action      : Run 'zpool status -x' and replace the bad device.

r...@brszfs02:~# iostat -En c5d1
c5d1             Soft Errors: 0 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
Model: OCZ VERTEX-TURB Revision:  Serial No: 062F97G71C5T676 Size: 128.04GB
<128035160064 bytes>
Media Error: 0 Device Not Ready: 0 No Device: 0 Recoverable: 0
Illegal Request: 0

As there seems to be not hardware errors as reported by iostat I ran zpool
clear tank and a scrub on Monday.
Up to now I have seen no new errors, I have set-up a cron to scrub a 01:30 each
day.

Is the flash card faulty or is this a ZFS problem?

Cheers
Richard