On Tue, 27 Apr 2010, David Dyer-Bennet wrote:

I don't have a RAIDZ group, but trying this while there's significant load
on the group, it should be easy to see if there's traffic on the old drive
after the resilver starts.  If there is, that would seem to be evidence
that it's continuing to use the old drive while resilvering to the new
one, which would be good.

If you have a pool on just a single drive and you use 'zpool replace foo bar' to move the pool data from drive 'foo' to drive 'bar', does it stop reading drive 'foo' immediately when the transfer starts? Please do me a favor and check this for me.

Thanks,

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn