Sorry for the double post but I think this was better suite for zfs forum.

I am running OpenSolaris snv_134 as a file server in a test environment,
testing deduplication. I am transferring large amount of data from our
production server via using rsync.

The Data pool is on a separated raidz1-0 pool. The pool was running with the
dedup & compression turned on. The rsync would hang after a while with no more
I/O going to the raidz pool (zpool iostat) and without any error message. the
rpool is on it's own disk is not affected. However access to the data pool will
get slower and eventually hang command such as df, du, zpool status , zfs list.
System also can not be powered off from console. It will hang while closing zfs
pool and require hard reset.

I have now turned the dedup off on the pools and the rsync seem to be going
further than before. Is this a known bug? Is there an workaround for this
without rebooting the system? I am not an Solaris expert and I haven't worked
on Solaris since 5.8. I would be happy to provide additional information if
needed.

Thanks.

p.s. Since I turn off the dedup, I have finished two additional volume sync
without issue.