I've gotten a couple of the newest prototype AMD systems, with the C34
and G34 sockets.  All have run various flavors of OpenSolaris quite
well, with the exception of a couple of flaky network problems, which
we've tracked down to pre-production NIC hardware and early-access
drivers.  This is a similar problem I see all the time on prototype
Intel stuff.  The problems go away when we put in production-ready NIC
cards (even when such NIC cards have the same actual chip series, the
bugs inevitably are nailed to the beta-level original NIC chips).

So I would NOT expect any problems if your MB passes the Device Check
tool (or whatever we're calling it nowadays).

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support