I'm looking for alternatives SSD options to the Intel X25-E and the ZEUS IOPS.

The ZEUS IOPS would probably cost as much as my entire current disk system (80
15k SAS drives)- and that's just silly.

The Intel is much less expensive, and while fast- pales in comparison to the
ZEUS.

I've allocated 4 disk slots in my array for ZIL SSD's and I'm trying to find
the best performance for my dollar.

With that in mind- Is anyone using the new OCZ Vertex 2 SSD's as a ZIL?

http://www.ocztechnology.com/products/solid-state-drives/2-5--sata-ii/performance-enterprise-solid-state-drives/ocz-vertex-2-sata-ii-2-5--ssd.html

They're claiming 50k IOPS (4k Write- Aligned), 2 million hour MTBF, TRIM
support, etc. That's more write IOPS than the ZEUS (40k IOPS, $$$$$) but at
half the price of an Intel X25-E (3.3k IOPS, $400).

Needless to say I'd love to know if anyone has evaluated these drives to see if
they make sense as a ZIL- for example- do they honor cache flush requests? Are
those sustained IOPS numbers?