"Since it ignores Cache Flush command and it doesn't have any persistant buffer
storage, disabling the write cache is the best you can do."

This actually brings up another question I had: What is the risk, beyond a few
seconds of lost writes, if I lose power, there is no capacitor and the cache is
not disabled?

My ZFS system is shared storage for a large VMWare based QA farm. If I lose
power then a few seconds of writes are the least of my concerns. All of the QA
tests will need to be restarted and all of the file systems will need to be
checked. A few seconds of writes won't make any difference unless it has the
potential to affect the integrity of the pool itself.

Considering the performance trade-off, I'd happily give up a few seconds worth
of writes for significantly improved IOPS.