<SNIP a whole lot of ZIL/SLOG discussion>

Hi guys.

yep I know about the ZIL, and SSD Slogs.

While setting Nextenta up it offered to disable the ZIL entirely. For
now I left it on. In the end (hopefully for only specifc filesystems -
once that feature is released.) I'll end up disabling the ZIL for our
software builds since:

1) The builds are disposable - We only need to save them if they finish,
and we can restart them if needed.
2) The build servers are not on UPS so a power failure is likely to make
the clients lose all state and need to restart anyway.

But, This issue I've seen with Nexenta, is not due to the ZIL. It runs
until it literally crashes the machine. It's not just slow, It brings
the machine to it's knees. I beleive it does have something to do with
exhausting memory though. As Erast says it maybe the IPS driver (though
I've used that on b130 of SXCE without issues,) or who knows what else.

I did download some updates from Nexenta yesterday. I'm going to try to
retest today or tomorrow.

 -Kyle