> On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 1:58 AM, Reshekel Shedwitz
> <reshe...@spam.la> wrote:
> > Ultimately, I would like to just set the bootfs
> property back to default, but this seems to be beyond
> my ability. There are some checks in libzfs_pool.c
> that I can bypass in order to set the value back to
> its default of "-", but ultimately I am stopped
> because there is code in zfs_ioctl.c, which I believe
> is kernel code, that checks to see if the bootfs
> value supplied is actually an existing dataset.
>
> I'm fairly certain that I've been able to set and
> unset the bootfs
> property on my rpool in snv_133 and snv_134. Just use
> an empty value
> when setting it.
>
> In fact:
> bh...@basestar:~$ zpool get bootfs rpool
> NAME   PROPERTY  VALUE               SOURCE
> rpool  bootfs    rpool/ROOT/snv_134  local
> bh...@basestar:~$ pfexec zpool set bootfs= rpool
> bh...@basestar:~$ zpool get bootfs rpool
> NAME   PROPERTY  VALUE   SOURCE
> rpool  bootfs    -       default
> bh...@basestar:~$ pfexec zpool set
> bootfs=rpool/ROOT/snv_134 rpool
> bh...@basestar:~$ zpool get bootfs rpool
> NAME   PROPERTY  VALUE               SOURCE
> rpool  bootfs    rpool/ROOT/snv_134  local
>

> --
> Brandon High : bh...@freaks.com
> ss

r...@nexenta:~# zpool set bootfs= tank
cannot set property for 'tank': property 'bootfs' not supported on EFI labeled
devices

r...@nexenta:~# zpool get bootfs tank
NAME  PROPERTY  VALUE   SOURCE
tank  bootfs    tank    local

Could this be related to the way FreeBSD's zfs partitioned my disk? I thought
ZFS used EFI by default though (except for boot pools).

Thanks.