Cassandra,

Which Solaris release is this?

This is working for me between an Solaris 10 server and a OpenSolaris client.

Nested mount points can be tricky and I'm not sure if you are looking
for the mirror mount feature that is not available in the Solaris 10
release, where new directory contents are accessible on the client.

See the examples below.

Thanks,

Cindy

On the server:

# zpool create pool c1t3d0
# zfs create pool/myfs1
# cp /usr/dict/words /pool/myfs1/file.1
# zfs create -o mountpoint=/pool/myfs1/myfs2 pool/myfs2
# ls /pool/myfs1
file.1  myfs2
# cp /usr/dict/words /pool/myfs1/myfs2/file.2
# ls /pool/myfs1/myfs2/
file.2
# zfs set sharenfs=on pool/myfs1
# zfs set sharenfs=on pool/myfs2
# share
-               /pool/myfs1   rw   ""
-               /pool/myfs1/myfs2   rw   "

On the client:

# ls /net/t2k-brm-03/pool/myfs1
file.1  myfs2
# ls /net/t2k-brm-03/pool/myfs1/myfs2
file.2
# mount -F nfs t2k-brm-03:/pool/myfs1 /mnt
# ls /mnt
file.1  myfs2
# ls /mnt/myfs2
file.2