On 5/29/2010 12:48 AM, schatten wrote:
Yep, that is correct. The rpool also has stuff like swap and 1-2 other
mountpoints I forgot. Just the default installation layout.
I am really not sure if I did something wrong or if there is a bug. But if it
is a bug, why do only I see it?
Hmm....

Can you try this when you create the VB filesystems:

mkdir -p /export/home/schatten/VB
zfs create -o mountpoint=/export/home/schatten/VB  rpool/VB

and let me know if it hangs as before?

I tried what you are doing on a machine running b118, and it works fine.

OpenSolaris only recognizes 1 Solaris fdisk partition
per drive at this point.
So I can create an zpool on my other HDD and OSOL will see and work with it?
Yes. You can either use the whole drive, or create fdisk partitions, giving ZFS one of the fdisk paritions. Either way, ZFS will use the other hard drives happily.

--
Erik Trimble
Java System Support