For the record, with my driver (which is not the same as the one shipped by the vendor), I was getting over 150K IOPS with a single DDRdrive X1. It is possible to get very high IOPS with Solaris. However, it might be difficult to get such high numbers with systems based on SCSI/SCSA. (SCSA does have assumptions which make it "overweight" for typical simple flash based devices.)

My solution was based around the "blkdev" device driver that I integrated into ON a couple of builds ago.

    -- Garrett