I've been referred to here from the zfs-fuse newsgroup. I have a
(non-redundant) pool which is reporting errors that I don't quite understand:

# zpool status -v
  pool: green
 state: ONLINE
status: One or more devices has experienced an error resulting in data
        corruption.  Applications may be affected.
action: Restore the file in question if possible.  Otherwise restore the
        entire pool from backup.
   see: http://www.sun.com/msg/ZFS-8000-8A
 scrub: scrub in progress for 1h12m, 2.96% done, 39h44m to go
config:

        NAME                        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
        green                       ONLINE       0     0     2
          disk/by-id/dm-name-green  ONLINE       0     0     4

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

        <metadata>:<0x0>
        green:<0x0>

I read the explanations at
http://dlc.sun.com/osol/docs/content/ZFSADMIN/gbbwl.html#gbcuz that the 0x0 is
output when a file path is not available, but I'm still unsure how to proceed
(of course, I'd also like to know why these errors occurred in the first place
- after just a couple of days of using zfs-fuse, but that's another story).

It has been suggested to me to copy out all data from the pool and/or recreate
it from backup, but do I really have to (hours of recovery), or is there a
faster way to correct the problem? Apart from these alarming messages, the pool
seems to be in working order, e.g. all files that I tried could be read. I
guess I'd just like to know [i]what[/i] the corrupted data is and the
implications.