On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 10:57:53PM +0530, Anil Gulecha wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> On behalf of NexentaStor team, I'm happy to announce the release of
> NexentaStor Community Edition 3.0.3. This release is the result of the
> community efforts of Nexenta Partners and users.
>
> Changes over 3.0.2 include
> * Many fixes to ON/ZFS backported to b134.
> * Multiple bug fixes in the appliance.
>
> With the addition of many new features, NexentaStor CE is the *most
> complete*, and feature-rich gratis unified storage solution today.
>
> Quick Summary of Features
> -----------------------------
> * ZFS additions: Deduplication (based on OpenSolaris b134).
> * Free for upto 12 TB of *used* storage
> * Community edition supports easy upgrades
> * Many new features in the easy to use management interface.
> * Integrated search
>
> Grab the iso from
> http://www.nexentastor.org/projects/site/wiki/CommunityEdition
>
> If you are a storage solution provider, we invite you to join our
> growing social network at http://people.nexenta.com.

Hey,

I tried installing Nexenta 3.0.3 on an old HP DL380G4 server,
and it installed ok, but it crashes all the time..

basicly 5-30 seconds after login prompt shows up on the console
the server will reboot due to kernel crash.

the error seems to be about the broadcom nic driver..
Is this a known bug?

See the screenshots for the kernel error message:

http://pasik.reaktio.net/nexenta/nexenta303-crash02.jpg
http://pasik.reaktio.net/nexenta/nexenta303-crash01.jpg

-- Pasi